Description of the System:
The system includes a system for water treatment, a system for treating desalination concentrate as well as a system for conducting raw water and restored water. The GAL Technologies Company designed and established the membranes system of the facility, including ultra-filtration and reverse osmosis.
Mifalei Mifratz Haifa uMei Nachal Kishon
- Planning a process that combines the treatment of the water line and also the treatment of the desalination concentrate of the preliminary treatment and the desalination.
- Compliance with the strict regulatory requirements that demand compliance with the Anbar Committee Directives for disposal for Nachal Kishon.
- Creation of an alternative source of water by means of restoring wastewater and the water of the Nachal for use by industries in the Haifa Bay region (cooling towers, steam boilers, and other additional processes).
- Rehabilitation of Nachal Kishon.
Flow Rate of the Water Product: 8,000,000 cubic meters annually
Uniqueness: with the conclusion of the procedural planning, it was possible to move to the detailed engineering planning. GAL Technologies has the unique planning capabilities that enable it to carry out a full simulation of the planned facilities as part of the planning process prior to implementation. In this process a three-dimensional model is built of the facilities, the systems and the piping. This is part of our usual planning procedures for all projects we undertake, and it is possible to make the planning process more efficient, which enables a high level of implementation while minimizing the discrepancies between planning and implementation.
Added Value Provided to the Customer:
- The restored water will be of higher quality, the concentration of salts and minerals will be 10 times less than the freshwater presently used for industrial purposes, thereby achieving a significant savings in the quantities of water consumed by factories.
- Considerable savings of freshwater for the national economy, and freeing of millions of cubic meters for other national purposes.
- Improvement of the quality of the environment by reducing the amount of wastewater released into the Kishon and into the sea, and thanks to removal of some of the load as dried mud.
Description of the Process:
The drainage water from the factories, together with that from the saline sources of Nachal Kishon is flowed through an initial filter to prevent the passage of floating pollutants. At this stage oxidants and flocculants are added to the water to reduce the organic mass and to assemble it into easily filtered clusters.
Once the preparatory stage is completed, the water is flowed into the membrane system. The automatic filtration unit (UF) is intended to reduce the SDI value to the region of 1—3, and to prepare the water for entry into the reverse osmosis facility. Prior to entry into the reverse osmosis facility, SBS is inserted into the water to restore oxidants and HCL to stabilize the degree of passing hardness. In the reverse osmosis system the salts that were dissolved in the water are separated (first stage), the product is supplied to the consumers, and the concentrate is directed to a wastewater treatment system. 25% of the water product of the reverse osmosis system undergoes additional treatment of GTM to remove carbon dioxide, and afterwards it passes to an additional reverse osmosis system and from it to an EDI ion-removal system in order to make it suitable for the quality requirements of water feed to high-pressure steam boilers.